Monday, September 11, 2023

Welcome to the Bungalow Stokes blog

 My new EP, "Purer Eyes," is now on Spotify, Apple, YouTube, and the others.  It is an exploration of blues, rock and folk.  

This blog will put EYES ON some great Americana music, mostly live video clips.  There is great music out there!

We begin with one of the saddest songs ever, and one of the most life-affirming...



"I We Were Vampires" --- Jason Isbell and Amanda Shires

It's not the long, flowing dress that you're inOr the light coming off of your skinThe fragile heart you protected for so longOr the mercy in your sense of right and wrongIt's not your hands searching slow in the darkOr your nails leaving love's watermarkIt's not the way you talk me off the roofYour questions like directions to the truth
It's knowing that this can't go on foreverLikely one of us will have to spend some days aloneMaybe we'll get forty years togetherBut one day I'll be goneOr one day you'll be gone
If we were vampires and death was a jokeWe'd go out on the sidewalk and smokeAnd laugh at all the lovers and their plansI wouldn't feel the need to hold your handMaybe time running out is a giftI'll work hard 'til the end of my shiftAnd give you every second I can findAnd hope it isn't me who's left behind
It's knowing that this can't go on foreverLikely one of us will have to spend some days aloneMaybe we'll get forty years togetherBut one day I'll be goneOr one day you'll be gone
It's knowing that this can't go on foreverLikely one of us will have to spend some days aloneMaybe we'll get forty years togetherBut one day I'll be goneOne day you'll be gone